Morningstar 12V 6A solar regulator
Morningstar's well-known high-quality and reliability is now available in a low cost solar controller. The SHS6 12V DC 6A Controller is ideal for rural electrification systems with one to three solar panels.
Benefits of a Solar Controller
Reduces Cost of Battery Replacements
- The low voltage disconnect will increase battery life. The loads are automatically disconnected when the battery is low and automatically reconnected after the battery is recharged.
- Complete charging will increase battery life and storage capacity. The controller will maximize the amount of solar energy into the battery and avoid drying out the battery.
Provides Useful Information
- Provides Useful Information - The SHS controller has four LED's that indicate solar charging, high to low battery status, low voltage warning and any mistakes. We do not use multi-colored LED's which oftentimes are confusing.
Advantage of The SHS Controller
- Low Cost - The SHS was specifically designed to meet the needs of the rural electrification market. The low cost resulted from using the latest electronic technology and high volume manufacturing.
- High Reliability - Morningstar is a world-leading supplier of solar charge controllers. All our controllers are designed for high quality and high reliability. The SHS controller has a low failure rate and will last a long time.
- Electronic Protections - The SHS has built-in electronic fuses that do not require replacement. Any wiring mistakes during installation will not damage the controller.
- Tropicalization - The SHS electronics are protected with a moisture-tight coating, minimizing damage from humidity and from nesting insects.
- Easy to Use - The SHS controller is fully automatic and requires no adjustments or user selections.
- Better Battery Charging - The SHS is a series PWM controller with 4 stages: Bulk, PWM, Boost and Float. The battery charging is temperature compensated. We do not design shunt controllers which may cause overheating of the electronics.
- High Quality Automated Production - All Morningstar controllers including the SHS are produced in an ISO 9000 certified factory. The SHS uses surface mount technology (SMT) electronics and 100% automated functional testing to ensure consistent quality.
- Meets Testing Standards - The SHS controller is certified to comply with CE and World Bank specifications.
- 2 Years Warranty
|Rated Solar Input||6 A|
|Rated Load Output||6 A|
|Load inrush capability||42 A|
|Control Set points|
|Regulation point||14.3 V|
|Low voltage disconnect (LVD)||11.5 V|
|Low voltage reconnect||12.6 V|
|High voltage disconnect||15.0 V|
|Maximum Solar Voc||30 V|
|Maximum Voltage Drop||0.345 V|
|Charge algorithm||PWM, constant voltage|
|4 Stage Charging||Bulk, PWM, Boost and Float|
|Boost Charging:Every 28 days for 1-2 hours|
|Float||After 6 hours of regulation|
|LVD Delay||20 mins|
|LVD warning||Blink loads once at 15mins and 5 mins before LVD|
|Switching frequency||10 Hz|
|Regulator, boost, float|
|0 ºC to 50ºC|
|Solar Short Circuit||Auto recovery when cleared|
|Solar Over current||Auto recovery when cleared|
|Load Short Circuit||Auto recovery at 10 sec and 20 sec after short continue auto recovery attempt every day at dusk|
|Load Over current||Auto recovery at 1 min and 2 min after over current continue auto recovery attempt every day at dusk|
|High Voltage Disconnect||Disconnect solar and load, no auto recovery|
|Battery Removal||Protect loads against solar Voc|
|Lightning||1500W transient surge suppressors protects solar, load and battery|
|Reverse Polarity||Solar, load and battery connections|
|Reverse current at night||Prevents battery from discharging through solar|
|1.Green On||Solar is charging battery|
|2. Green On||Battery level full|
|3. Yellow On||Battery level medium|
|4. Red Blink||Battery level low ...LVD warning|
|5. Red On||LVD|
|Green then Yellow then Red||Indicates normal start-up|
|Green, Yellow, Red together||Fault: Load short circuit or load over current or solar over current or high voltage disconnect|
|Dimensions||15.1 x 6.6 x 3.6 cm|
|Wire terminals||6 mm²|
Quality and Safety
- ISO 9000
- En55022:1994 amendments A1 and A2 to include Radiated Emissions
- EN/IEC 6100-6-2:1999 Electromagnetic compatibility - Generic immunity standard Part 2: Industrial environment.