Morningstar Sunsaver 12/24V 15A solar reg
Morningstar’s SunSaver MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems. The controller features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV and also provides load control to prevent over discharge of the battery.
The SunSaver MPPT is well suited for both professional and consumer PV applications. Its charging process has been optimized for long battery life and improved system performance. This product is epoxy encapsulated for environmental protection, may be adjusted by the user via four settings switches or connection to a personal computer, and has an optional remote meter and battery temperature sensor.
Design Features and Benefits
- PV: Overload, Short Circuit, High Voltage
- Load: Overload, Short Circuit
- Reverse Polarity: Battery, PV and Load
- Lightning and Transient Surges
- High Temperature
- Reverse Current at Night
Maximizes Energy Harvest
- Peak efficiency of over 97%
- almost no power losses
- recognition of multiple power peaks during shading or mixed PV arrays
- excellent performance at low solar isolation levels
Use of High Voltage Modules
- Enables the use of high voltage and thin film modules for off-grid battery charging.
Converts 36V or 24V PV Arrays
- Provides a means to use up to a 36V PV array to charge either a 24V or 12V battery.
Lower System Cost
- Less expensive than other MPPT controllers and is affordable in smaller PV systems up to 400Wp. Allows system costs to be reduced by down-sizing the PV array, using on-grid or thin film modules and decreasing cable sizes.
- Efficient electronics, a conservative thermal design and trivialization result in high reliability and long life.
- User selection via on-board switches or PC connection.
Extensive Electronic Protections
- Fully protected against most system errors and faults.
Longer Battery Life
- Efficient MPPT tracking and 4-stage charging increases battery life.
- The status LED’s and optional meter provide extensive controller and system data.
- Records key operating parameters of the PV system and includes 30 days of data logging.
- 5 Year Warranty Period
|Peak efficiency||97.5 %|
|Nominal battery voltage||12V or 24V|
|Max battery current||15A|
|Battery voltage range||7V to 36V|
|Max PV open circuit voltage||75 V|
|Nominal max PV input||12 Volt battery||200 Watts|
|24 Volt battery||400 Watts|
|Output rating||15 A load control|
|Self consumption||35 mA|
|Transient surge protection||4 x 1500W|
|Battery types||Gel, Sealed, AGM, Flooded|
|4 stage charging||Bulk, absorption, float, equalize(optional)|
|Temperature compensation||Coefficient||–5mV/°C / cell (25°C ref)|
|Range||–30°C to +60°C|
|Set point||Absorption, float,equalize|
|Dimensions||16.9 x 6.4 x7.3 cm|
|Power terminal||16 mm² / #6 AWG|
|Enclosure||Die cast aluminium with plastic cover|
|Operating temperature||–40°C to +60°C|
|Storage temperature||–55°C to +100°C|
|Tropicalization||Epoxy encapsulation conformal coating marine rated terminals|
- Remote meter
- Remote temperature sensor
- PC meterBus adapter
- DIN rail mounting clips
Quality and Safety
- CE compliant
- RoHS Compliant
- Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 facility